Have you ever had to change a flat tire? If you needed to, would you know how? It’s better to learn ahead of time than to find yourself stuck, relying on the kindness of others. Get yourself a quality wrench and car jack – and memorize these steps to changing a tire:
- Pull over somewhere safe, and put on your emergency lights.
- Use your wrench to gently loosen the lug nuts, but don’t remove them yet.
- Use the car jack to lift your vehicle off the ground.
- Now, remove the lug nuts fully, and then remove the old tire.
- Put your new tire in its place, and put the lug nuts back on – without tightening them.
- Lower your vehicle back to the ground.
- Finally, tighten the lug nuts, but be sure to tighten them evenly.
- Lastly, put away your tools, and don’t forget to properly dispose of the flat tire!
For more safety tips and guides, contact us or visit us anytime at Thousand Oaks Toyota.